It's a Wrap - Part 2

1:30 PM





I'm just about ready for the holiday and am breathing a sigh of relief!  Last night was wrapping night and it went quite well.  This years wrap pretty much evolved from the invitation I made for our annual Christmas party.  This is a picture of the front of this year's invite.  I used index cards, well not just normal index cards - did you know they make half size index cards?  They work great for so many things!  Back to supplies - index cards, fun scrapbook papers, a bird rubber stamp, tissue and staples.  All of the party information is printed out on the back of the invitation.



This bird theme then began to take on a life of its own.  I was shopping in Pier 1 in the clearance section and what did I find?  These wonderful plates and napkins.  The birds immediately reminded me of the invite and I loved the colors.  I thought that these plates and napkins will say Christmas as well as any true holiday plates and I quickly and happily cleared their shelves.





When it came time to wrap I had already found my papers and my ribbons.  This year I am using the embossed white paper, kraft paper, and this very nice blue and green jewel colored paper from Hallmark's everyday section.  My ribbons are satin pink, pink velvet, shiny green, skinny green with a white dotted pattern, jute packaging twine and a simple cream.





I had all that picked out but was still  in need of tags for my packages.  It just seemed right to use the bird idea once more.  I stamped out a bunch of tags but didn't distress them like on the invite.  I printed out the recipient information on graph paper and then glued that to the backs.   


 
  

  








 


Here are my finished packages.  I love how they turned out.  It's fun how one thing led to another.  I couldn't have planned it better had I tried.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe