Eating Healthy!

10:01 PM







My kids were both super excited when they found out tonight was salmon night.  Especially when they figured out it was the salmon with the leeks.  I love that they were so excited about something that is so good for them!  I thought I would share the recipe so all can enjoy.  It is really easy and full of flavor. 


The original recipe was found in Martha Stewart's "What to Have for Dinner" book.  This is my version adapted from Martha's original recipe.


Salmon and Leeks Baked in Parchment (Serves 4)

4 sheets parchment paper
4 salmon fillets
1 bunch leeks, washed well and sliced thin
whatever white wine you like (I like to use Riesling for this)
olive oil
celtic sea salt
pepper
dried chervil, oregano or whatever other herbs you like
melted butter


1.  Heat oven to 370 degrees.  Fold a large sheet of parchment paper in half and cut out a large heart shape about 3 inches larger than fish fillet.  It does not have to be exact.  I was running out of paper one night and did the best I could and it still turned out great.  Place fish near the fold, and place a handful of leeks next to it.  Drizzle the fish with wine and olive oil.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper and herb of choice.





2. Brush edges of parchment paper with melted butter, fold paper to enclose fish, make small overlapping folds to seal edges, starting at curve of heart.  Be sure each fold overlaps the one before it so there are no gaps.  Brush the outside of the packet with melted butter.  Repeat to make 3 more packets.


3.  Put packets on a baking sheet and bake until paper is puffed and brown.  I bake mine for 15 minutes.

Tonight I served mine with a spinach salad dotted with dried cherries, shaved parmesan, pecans, La Choy rice noodles and Hendrickson's dressing.  If you have never tried this dressing you have to seek it out.  It is fantastic on every salad combination I come up with.

I also made a bean salad with great northern white beans (drained), sliced red onion, dried parsley, celtic sea salt, pepper and greek dressing.  Just add amounts to taste.  I like it best when I make it with a greek dressing from my local pizza restaurant, but when I don't have any of that on hand I use whatever is in the fridge.


Happy eating!







You Might Also Like

1 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe