Happy Monday!

9:02 PM


We woke up this morning to a fresh snowfall.  Everything looks so peaceful covered in white. 



Here is a snow covered view from the front porch.  I love our Live, Laugh, Love sign.  It was one of those items I almost passed on.  After I got it home I was so happy I didn't doubt myself.   It has worked out perfectly.


 
I've noticed that the tulips are showing up again at the stores and that made me very happy.  They are one of my favorite flowers and I had to bring some home.  They play off the snow outside quite well and remind me that the cold will not last forever.




 Speaking of cold ... what better way to warm up than a fresh loaf of Banana bread.  The house smells so good and just seems that much more cozy.  This is the recipe that my mom has been using since we were kids.  It's yummy!

Mom's Banana Bread
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1 c. mashed banana
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour, sifted
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. soft butter or margarine
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1/2 c. sour cream


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a glass Pyrex 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
Chop nuts and mash banana.
Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
Combine butter, sugar, egg and flavoring in mixing bowl.
Cream for about 1 1/2 minutes.
Add banana, sour cream, nuts and flour mixture.
Beat slowly until well blended.
Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe