Where My Ideas May Lead ...

10:01 PM


I've gathered up some photo's that go along with the ideas I have in my head for Josh's bedroom redo.



Here we have the chocolate brown walls with beadboard wainscoting running below.

 
Here this recessed paneling runs high on the wall.  I love this look and that little built in bookcase. The ledge that wraps around the room is also very fun.  So many things could take residence up there.  Kids in general have so many trinkets and collections.  This entire room is great!  This is the trim that Josh really likes.  Me too!



I like the ticking stripe used on the wall behind this bed.  It is like what I have in mind for a backboard for his iron bed.



I love the idea of J having a chalk or memo board and the way the boards above are hung is a really neat touch.



Love, love, love the huge chalkboard and the large monogram on the right hand wall.  I also like when pieces old and new are mixed.  This room feels very comfortable to me. 



Can I say more.  The vintage tanker desk is an American classic with timeless appeal.  I don't think you can go wrong!



Once again, we have the brown wall and great original artwork over the desk.  I love "kid art" and enjoy the pieces I have framed around the house.  The art J and N create is more beautiful to me that anything I can buy in a store.



Lastly, this wall of books with the rolling ladder is wonderful!   My ceilings are not this high so this will not be happening but it adds so much personality to the room.  I also love the idea of adding a fun door to J's closet. This old school door has so much character.  I want one!!!  It reminds me of the beautiful building where I attended elementary school.  There was great detail in the woodwork, a winding staircase, and even a hidden room wrapped in bookcases.  It was an amazing place.



{Photo's via Country Living, Serena and Lily, Southern Living, & Twenty Gauge}

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe