Hallway Update

9:00 AM


This weekend  I've used levels, stud finders, drills, screwdrivers, hammers, measuring tape, wall anchors, nails, screws!

This is part of what you see as you step in our front door.  You also get a good view of the dining room and kitchen.  

Our house has a really open floor plan and is actually set up a bit backwards.  This staircase leads to the walkout.  If you want to go upstairs you have to head to the back of the house.  

Long ago this staircase was enclosed with 2 full walls and a door.  We opened it up and added the little half wall.  Much better than looking at a door!

I am finally getting around to switching up what has been hanging on the walls.  For the longest time only 2 little pictures were in this space.  I had a whole lot of frames I had been collecting here and there and decided this might be a good place for them.  Hopefully I'm not wrong.  My husband is a bit overwhelmed at the moment but I think it is because everything has been blank for so long.  

I laid all the frames and other items out on Kraft paper, traced their outline, and then taped the paper (using painters tape) to the walls.  There was a lot of arranging to figure out!

Here is the other side of the half wall.  I've already added one extra frame here and have to find one more thing to finish it off.  My tricky wall is the one that continues here to the left, but I just figured out what I am putting there!  Something simple but fun!  So, three walls finished and one to go!  

I still need to give the hall a fresh coat of paint and have to figure out what to put in each frame.   I wanted to do everything myself and since I'm not well skilled in hanging I thought I better get everything placed and then paint.  Usually when I hang things there tends to be one or two extra holes behind each frame.  This time there are a few with one extra hole, but I got better and better with practice.  Thankfully, when I had to use anchors I got them perfect!  I really enjoyed hanging everything myself and learning something new!

 
A sneak peek at what went up!

I have a busy week so I'm not sure how much more I'll finish before the weekend.   Just thought I would show you a little of what I've been up to!

You Might Also Like

12 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe