Herbed Waffles and Chicken Salad - A Unique Blend Of Ingredients Makes This Really Special!

8:54 AM


Good Morning!  I have a great recipes to share today!  This is my very favorite chicken salad recipe.   I have been making it probably longer than I have been a Mom.  The chicken salad is so good with the grapes and the tarragon vinegar.  It makes it a little different than the norm - just so good.  Not overly mayo at all.  I make it for myself, and I make it for gatherings.  Always delicious!  Paired with the herbed waffles it just becomes that much more special. 

The recipes below are adapted from a little book called The Best Of Waffles and Pancakes by Jane Stacey.  I also make both of the dishes at times with dried herbs I have on hand by pretty much just following what seems right - using less of each than this recipe calls for in fresh herbs.  Probably like half as much.  You can also simply make the waffles and use them to make sandwiches.  We made roasted chicken and bacon sandwiches with chipotle mayo.  I think a BLT on them would also be a great idea. 

I hope you make this, and love it as much as I do!



Herbed Waffles and Chicken Salad

Chicken Salad

5 cups cubed cooked chicken (just boil the chicken for this recipe)
2 scallions, chopped (white and tender green parts)
1/2 c. red seedless grapes
1/3 c. minced fresh parsley
1/4 c. minced fresh basil
1/4 c. toasted sliced almonds
2/3 c. mayo (I use Hellman's Light)
2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
salt and pepper
lettuce leaves (optional)

Herbed Waffles

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 c. minced fresh parsley
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
2 scallions, chopped (white and green tender parts)
2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon sugar
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups milk
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 tablesppons butter, melted
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe