Spiced Toasted Pecans With Dried Cherries And Bittersweet Chocolate Chips

2:52 PM


For awhile now I have been wanting to experiment with making spiced nuts.  There is a restaurant near me that has an appetizer of warm spiced nuts on their menu - I always find myself ordering them - and a Michigan made hard cider to go alongside.  From that inspiration I came up with this recipe - here the nuts are toasted and won't get your hands messy.  I also added cherries and chocolate for some spicy and sweet goodness.



Spiced Toasted Pecans With Dried Cherries And Bittersweet Chocolate Chips

1 T. olive oil
1/2 t. Franks Red Hot Sauce - original (for extra spice use 1 t. - I think it would be good)
2 c. pecan halves

1 1/2 t. chili powder
3/4 t. Celtic sea salt
1/2 t. black pepper (I like to use straight up McCormick)
1/2 t. ground cumin
1/2 t. powdered garlic
1/2 t. sugar
1/4 t. dried oregano
1/2 c. Ghirardelli's 60% Cocoa Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
3/4 c. dried cherries (I used Trader Joe's tart Montmorency dried cherries - they are larger and really delicious) 

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Line a cookie sheet with Reynolds wrap.

In a bowl combine olive oil and hot sauce.  Add the pecans and toss to coat.  Set aside.

Combine all of the spices in a small bowl, and then add this mixture to the pecans.  Toss the pecans again to coat well with the spices.  Place the pecan mixture on cookie sheet in a single layer.

Bake for 12-15 minutes or until pecans are toasted.  Stir every few minutes.  I cooked mine for 15 minutes.

You could serve just the nuts on their own warm, but if you wait until they cool and add the chocolate and cherries I think you will like that too!  



They are so delicious I am having a hard time staying away from the bowl :)


  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe