Shop in the Spotlight: Before and After Interiors

11:24 AM

Once upon a time I had a favorite home shop that I liked to visit.  It was called Upscale Vintage.


I have really missed that shop.  It is where I bought my chippy cream cabinet that sits in our front room and the blue corbels that rest on my fireplace mantle.  

Recently after a trip to the movies the boys and I decided to check out the little downtown of Utica to see if there were any unique restaurants to try.  We didn't find anywhere to eat, but as I turned a corner I found something even better!  I knew that one of the owners from Upscale must be involved!

 
I had to wait until Wednesday and didn't have a lot of time to look.  

Beverly was there tending to her shop! 

I took a few photo's to share with you!

 This table was one of my favorite pieces I discovered while visiting.  So much patina.  Would be the perfect addition somewhere in my house.  Too bad it's not my birthday!

 Close up detail!

 
Architectural piece made useful with the addition of hooks.

 I really liked this sign.  Painted and distressed with the letters standing out.

 
Beverly's previous shop had many beautiful vintage mantles and she continues that look in her new shop - the mercury glass lamps are amazing!

The mirror closest to the wall also caught my eye!

 
So pretty!

Nice little home accessories add to the mix.

 
Great old medicine cabinet - sure to add lots of character to the bath or even a little girls room!

Empty frames.  Love that curved one!

  
Gorgeous hutch and just look at all the unique pottery inside!  It was probably good (for my budget) that I only had 15 minutes!

There is just so much perfection packed into this space.  

Before and After Interiors is located at 45145 Cass in Utica, Michigan.  UPDATE:  new address - 45141 Van Dyke in Utica, Michigan.  Store hours are Wednesday through Saturday 10-4.

If you are in the area be sure to stop in.  Beverly is one of the sweetest shop owners I have met and as you can see from the photo's - she has an amazing eye!  I'm so happy to have a "new" place to shop! 

You Might Also Like

14 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe