Tag - 11 Questions

10:45 AM


There is a game of Tag circulating around blogland, and I've been tagged by Lisa at Lisa Roy:  a designer obsessed with pretty things, beautiful spaces, interesting places, and handbags.  Both she and her blog are a complete delight!  I also own one of her cell phone cases and love it!

The idea for this post is that a blogger "tags" another blogger and gives them 11 questions to answer in a post, then that blogger "tags" another 11 bloggers and comes up with 11 questions for them to answer and so on.

Here are my answers to the 11 questions I was given...
 
1. What is the last DIY project you completed?
Lately I have made a few beaded necklaces for gifts.  I got the idea from a post Ashlyn wrote on her blog - Pinecone.  They are adorable, and I receive many compliments on the one I wear.


2. What do you love most about yourself?
I like that I can laugh at myself, I'm casual.  I love being a mom to my boys.  I'm honored to be their mom, and I'm hoping I'm doing the job justice.  Gosh - it's bad, but it's so much easier to think of the things I'd like to improve.



3. Dog person or cat person?
I really love both.  I get the best of both world's with Guinness.  She is a super cuddly dog.  Whippets like to lounge around indoors like they are big cats.  I would love one of those hairless cats someday.  I'm actually allergic, but always had cats growing up.  They were the best!!!

4. What made you choose your current home?
It was so long ago, but as far as the inside I'd have to say probably the white kitchen.  I liked the white doors and trim too.  The other reason would be location.  We are right between so many cities that we like to spend time in.  The location and having some of the best neighbors you could imagine are what keeps us here.

5. If you were single and could go on a date with anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
This answer will have to be a family affair - the boys and I think having dinner with Simon Cowell would be entertaining.  I'm not sure what that says about us ...  I'm not sure that my husband would join us.

6. What room in your home would you most like to redo?
Happily we are just getting ready to renovate the boys bath upstairs.  We have just about everything picked out.  We are doing the work ourselves.  Really, my husband is doing the work - I want to  help and learn.  It is so ugly right now - I will share the photo's soon.  I think it actually looks even worse in the photo's.  Our house is 20 years old - I'd love to bump into Matt Muenster and have him do a bath crash on our master bathroom.  Also - UGLY.  It's a larger project so it will have to wait for now.  Of course we would love a fabulous kitchen too!

(that little bit of nature in the middle of the lake was an island with a little sandy beach and tall trees when I was growing up - you could land your boat on it.  It sinks more and more each year)

7. What is your favorite childhood memory?
I grew up on a horseshoe shaped lake in what could be considered the country back then.  I spent my days outdoors - sunup til sundown.  We ran free only to stop back inside for meals.  We swam, jumped into the lake swinging out on a rope swing, boated, rode our bikes, climbed trees, ran through backyards, caught or found wild animals, roller skated with the metal skates you strap to the bottom of your shoes.  One pair was so fast!  We jump roped, hula hooped, jumped on our pogo sticks, trampolined.  In the Winter we hopped off the bus and went sledding or ice skating or cross country skiing.  One day my brother and I were out skiing - we went on a path through woods the Dominican Sisters owned.  You had to be careful because sometimes snowmobiles would drive through so you had to jump off the path quick.  After a while we noticed the sign for the Big Boy restaurant one town over from ours.  Oops - we better turn back!  We skied home as fast as we could.  I had a very free and very fun childhood overall.  I loved it!


8. What is the most embarrassing thing you've ever said or done?
I think my most embarrassing moment would be when I fell down the bleachers during a high school basketball game.  We had been running around outside, and the bottom of my shoes were wet.  When I decided to run down he bleachers I slipped, and my leg got wedged between two sets of wood bleachers.  I think I still have the dent in my leg to this day.  Ouch!

9. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
I don't consider myself a follower, and I got that from my Dad.  He is a very independent thinker.  I don't do anything to try to impress anyone - I'm just me.  The other person who absolutely made me feel like I was the most special person ever was my Grandma R.  She loved me unconditionally, and that's the best feeling ever.  I miss her all the time.

10. If you won the lottery today, what's the first thing you would buy?
I think I would rent a house in Hawaii, and spend a long time there with my family.  Let's say the entire summer.  When I got home I would remodel our house so everything was just the way we'd like it.

11. Describe your dream home.
Dark wood floors, wide hallways, kitchen with white wood cabinets, open shelving, stainless steel appliances, farmhouse sink.  Ten foot ceilings.  I'd like the kitchen to go right out to the backyard.  A house fresh, cozy, and well organized.  Walls without angles - one thing I don't like about this house is the angled walls.  I'd also like a workout room - craft room - lots of Quatrine furniture!

 Rules of the Game
** You must post the rules
** Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you; then create 11 questions to ask the people you have tagged
** Tag 11 people and link them in your post
** Let them know you have tagged them and they should acknowledge that they have been notified.

Here are the 11 Bloggers I'm tagging:
Ashlyn at Pinecone (I know Lisa already tagged her)
Tessa at Nine and Sixteen
Polly at Motley Junket (Sassafras Stuff)
Kare at Tru Blue
Debbie at Inspired Design
Michelle at Emerald Cove
Christina at Full House
Andrea at Faded Plains
Colleen at Vintage Home

Here are your 11 questions:
1.  We are big food travel kind of show watchers over here so the first question will be please choose a restaurant in your area that we should visit and tell us what we should order?   Noah and I make food lists over here and then decide what our top 3 places to enjoy that type of food would be.  It's fun!

2.  I think we all have one - What song on your ipod are you kind of embarrassed to admit you have?

3.  Lets say you were famous - which 3 to 5 Hollywood girls would you choose to be friends with?

4.   What is the last book you read or what are you reading now or what is your favorite book of all time?

5.  What is your favorite lip gloss brand and shade?

6.  What little everyday thing could someone do for you that you would really appreciate?

7.  If you could have a second home where would it be?

8.  What is your favorite dessert?  I think I'm hungry tonight -plus I gave up chocolate! (not forever)

9.  What television show do you not like to miss?

10.  What are your 3 favorite shops to buy clothes at?

11.  What is the next room in your home you plan on fixing up?

Thank you Lisa for tagging me.  I think it is always fun to read random things about people, and learn more about them.  Maybe I'll answer the questions I made up in another post.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe