What I've Been Drinking - My Breakfast Shake

7:59 AM


When the Summer started I started something new.  That was to get up, get dressed, and go out walking.  At the beginning 45 minutes felt like torture (mentally and physically), but then over time I began to look forward to my walking time.  It really became a  peaceful moment in my day, and I wanted to get out there on that pavement.  Before I knew it I was walking 4 miles every morning.  When I could walk it all I began jogging some of it, and when you add little by little guess what?  You can end up being able to run the whole thing, and that it a great feeling.  Anyhow - if moving more is something you want to start - get out there and do it!  You can do it!

Now that the weather is changing it can be more challenging to stay warm (50 degrees this morning), but I am keeping up with my walking/jogging/running.  I just go at whatever pace I feel like that day. I thought I would share with you the drink that I make each morning when I get back home.  I always go out on an empty stomach -  a trainer I know told me if you do that you burn your fat instead of the breakfast that you just consumed.  Just a little tip - it sounds sensible.



My Vegan Based - Dairy and Gluten Free - Protein Smoothie - Chocolate Raspberry

1 cup water
1 cup Silk unsweetened original almond milk
1 heaping tablespoon ground chia seed
 raw almond butter - I just stick the knife in the jar and then drop and big glop of it into the blender
a big handful of Earthbound Farm organic power greens
a couple sprinkles of cinnamon
1 heaping tablespoon of raw organic cocoa powder
Virgin Diet extra fiber - I use a half serving
1 level scoop of Nutri-Bullet powder
2 level scoops of The Virgin Diet Chocolate All In One Shake
1 cup organic raspberries (I like Trader Joe's) 


I use a simple Kitchen Aid blender - just put all ingredients in the blender - then mix-puree-liquify!  Mine is a little thick, but that is because of the fiber.  Omit the fiber if you want a thinner consistency.  I just started playing around with the ingredients, and this is what I came up with that I like and stick with.  One last note is that I also rotate the chocolate powder here and there.  When I don't use The Virgin Diet chocolate powder I use Garden of Life Raw Protein - Beyond Organic Protein Formula in the Chocolate Cocoa flavor powder, and then increase the raw cocoa powder to 2 heaping tablespoons - otherwise I don't think it has enough chocolate flavor :)  The Garden of Life powder is a little chalky.  I also sometimes use 1 scoop of The Virgin diet powder and 1/2 of a scoop of the Garden of Life powder with 1 heaping tablespoon of cocoa powder.  This way I am getting a full serving of protein, but mixing up the powders.


Here are photo's of the ingredients I most often use.  The only thing I change would be the almond butter because when Trader Joe's has it I buy it there.  Also, I sometimes use spinach instead of Power Greens.


That is a lot of rambling on about a shake, but it's not your normal Smoothie.  Eliminating certain foods from your diet makes it more challenging or maybe I should say just different from traditional thinking when combining ingredients.  I will talk more about the JJ Virgin diet in my next post.  That will give you more of an idea how I ended up with this, and you will see that it is loaded with healthiness and foods that are less likely to cause inflammation in your body.  Let's just say I always thought dairy was a healthy food to consume - and it is UNLESS you are allergic.  The truth is the same for all foods - so just think - that something you think you are eating that is good for you could be causing you problems.

Hope everyone is well.

Happy Thursday!


   

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe