Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies - NO Gluten, Dairy, Sugar, Soy

10:52 AM


Another year begins.

It will be interesting to see what this year brings.

What will be created and learned.

What might be there in the unexpected that becomes a reality.

Time passes so quickly.  I'm hoping to make better use of mine this year.

To start the new year off I want to share this cookie recipe with you.  I truly appreciate it when my friends share their great recipe finds with me, and this is one of those treasures I'm happy to be able to recreate in my kitchen for my family!

At the end of the Summer Josh and I met his classmates from his old school out at a lake for a picnic.  My friend Janalee brought a batch of delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies that were actually not bad for me to eat.  They get their sweetness from maple syrup and coconut oil instead of sugar.  They do not contain any dairy.  You will not miss any of these things.  Give them a try.  I think you will really like them, and you can feel better about feeding them to your friends and family.  Last time I made them Noah could not stop eating them, and my family was sad when I just took them to a cookie exchange.  Sad because I didn't have any extras for them.  I'm thinking I will make more very soon.  Thank you Janalee!  In her words, Enjoy!


Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies - NO Gluten, Dairy, Sugar, Soy

2 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2  cup coconut oil
1/2 cup almond slices or slivers
1/2 cup raisins or chocolate chips (Enjoy Life chips are dairy, soy, and gluten free)

Mix all ingredients together.  Bake at 350 degrees between 9 and 15 minutes.  Wait until they are lightly browned.

Notes from Janalee:  They usually bake in about 11 minutes for me.  I find that the almond flour that you buy in the store does not work the same as the almond flour that I order online.  Below is a link to the flour I use.  It is the finest texture that I know about.  I use the blanched flour.  Enjoy!

Honeyville Grains Blanched Almond Flour

I joined
Tuesday's Treasures at My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia
The Inspiration Exchange  at City Farmhouse




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe