Sharing The Love - Grandma's Chocolate Pudding & RedEnvelope Canning Jars & Make A Cupids Arrow

6:10 PM



This is a very cherished family recipe so why not share the love on Valentine's Day.  This recipe comes from my late grandma.  She was very special to me - that one person that loved me unconditionally, and made me feel like I was important, special, and worthwile.  I think everyone needs someone like that in their life, and I was very blessed to have her.  On special occasions her chocolate pudding always makes it to our dessert table.  Sometimes I make large servings, and other times I make taste size servings so we have room to sample some other desserts as well.  It is not complicated to put together - all you really need is patience, and to be ready for lots of stirring.


I like to use canning jar to serve this dessert, and RedEnvelope contacted me to see if I would be interested in trying out one of their products.  Why YES of course!  I must also mention that the email I received from Amy at RedEnvelope was so kind and thoughtful.  Her words really were heartwarming.

So, already being a fan of RedEnvelope trying one of their products was a very easy decision - narrowing down my choices proved to be the bigger challenge.  Seeing that I have been interested in the set of 12 mason jars I went with them.  They are adorable and practical.  I think great for drinks and desserts.  Even a mini flower bouquet would be a nice way to use them.  My mason jars even arrived gift wrapped in their beautiful red box with cream ribbon.  Just another example of how this company is such a class act.

    (shown here with and without their lids)

Grandma's Chocolate Pudding

2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup Hershey's cocoa
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups milk - I usually use 2% or whole
(last time I used a mix of 1/2 unsweetened coconut milk and 1/2 unsweetened almond milk.
My family didn't notice the switch, and I noticed that it tasted the same, but was less creamy)
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan, and mix them together.  Add milk.

Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until smooth and creamy.  Mixture will thicken and begin to bubble.  This is when you know it is ready to remove from heat - add butter and vanilla, and stir. Carefully pour into serving dishes of choice, and chill in refrigerator.  This can be made a day ahead. Serves 4.  I usually double or triple this recipe.



For Valentines I decided to make something that I thought would add a fun little touch and make the jars look festive.  My idea actually turned out more fitting that I anticipated.  I simply wrapped some metallic yarn around the tops of some wooden skewers.  I used some short skewers that had a larger tip on top - the shape turned out to look just like an arrow.  I started wrapping the yarn down about an inch and tied the yarn off at the top with a simple knot.

 
I hope you try and enjoy this very special recipe and have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Lastly, thank you to RedEnvelope.  Love my new mason jars, and I'm looking forward to using them in many different ways.

Joined: 
The Sunday Showcase Party  at Under The Table & Dreaming
Tuesday's Treasures at My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe