Bacon And Avocado Sandwich On Ezekiel Bread

8:04 AM


All I can say is yum!


I seem to not be able to make this sandwich enough.  It was one of those creations that came about while rummaging through the fridge to try to find something to eat.  Sure, it is a simple idea - nothing revolutionary - but it is so-ooo good!  This is my fourth one in a week and a half's time.  Here is how I make it...

I start by frying up 4 pieces of bacon.  Has anyone else bought bacon in the last few months that just doesn't seem right?  A weird smell and cooks up horribly?  Sorry to my local specialty store bacon, sorry Trader Joe's too - I'm back to using good old Oscar Meyer hardwood smoked and/or center cut.  I haven't had any issues with this bacon.

Slice up 1/3 of a jumbo avocado.

When the bacon is getting close to being finished toast up 2 pieces of Ezekiel Sesame bread.  When it pops I let it sit in the toaster for a few minutes so it can cool a bit, and won't become soggy on my plate.  


When your toast is toasted and has sat to cool off you are ready to spread mayo on one side, and a grainy mustard on the other.  I picked this mustard up at Trader Joe's.  It is very tasty.


Next up - place your salad greens on one side of the bread, and your avocado slices on the other.


Finally, add the bacon!  Sandwich everything together and then hopefully you will enjoy this savory mix of flavors!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe