Swiss Cheese Bacon Broil

12:38 PM


Here is a savory recipe you might want to try out this Superbowl weekend.  
This is also really good alongside a nice bowl of homemade soup. 
Noah thought I should add a napkin by the plate - he said I needed to add my special touches.  He has also requested that it be made again for the big game!

 

Swiss Cheese Bacon Broil

1 c. shredded Swiss cheese
¼ c. bacon bits (I use Hormel real bacon bits in the jar)
¼ c. Mayo (I use Hellmann's Light)
¼ c. chopped black olives
1 T. chives or 2 T. chopped onion (I use a yellow onion)
party rye bread squares

Combine first 5 ingredients.
Spread mixture on party rye bread squares.

Broil or bake until cheese melts and the appetizers
are slightly browned.

I bake mine at 350 degrees until the cheese melts.   Then I pop them under the broiler til cheese bubbles and browns a bit.   After I remove them from the oven I let them sit on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes.  The party rye bread is much more crisp when I cook them this way compared with just broiling.

The mix of olives, bacon, cheese, and onions is just so good together!

Hope everyone has fun watching the game.  I think I watch more for the commercials.  Well, I know that is more why I watch!  I usually work on some kind of craft, and just enjoy the day.  Now if we could just get the schools to cancel school for the Monday after!


You Might Also Like

9 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe