Christmas Party Invites - 2012

2:11 PM



 I picked up the above items to make this year's invites.  I wanted something simple this year.


I was inspired by this image. (Pinterest)


I designed my invite, printed them out, & added two hole punches.


Twine was threaded through the holes.


Lastly, a cut of ribbon was laid on the invite with a snippet of branch - then the twine was just tied tight around both.


I really wanted to tie on some Cedar.  It was too early here to get fresh Cedar, and I wasn't sure how it would hold up even if I could find some.  I also didn't have any luck finding any artificial Cedar.  That is when I settled on the branch with the white berries.


It is still simple  - maybe even more simple since it doesn't have that burst of color that I initially wanted.  It still has a nature feel though - and that was part of the inspiration.  Every year I'm not really sure what I'm going to make.  I just have a feeling or see something inspiring - even maybe colors that I wouldn't usually use together.  I love the Ribbon font, and I just paired it with another really simple font so nothing was fighting for attention.


Here is the invite on my computer - just so you can see an example of the entire invite.  I just changed the last name and address here :)

 So, I'm just busy getting the house ready since the party is this Saturday.  I also have to figure out what kinds of cookies I'm making this year.  What to wear?  Need a haircut - not sure if that will happen.  Josh starts drivers training today - that's scary!  I haven't bought a single gift yet - I have some ideas, but have made zero purchases.  I'm going to start next week.  Luckily, I'm not worrying about it at all.  So, what have you been up to this week?  Have you shopped, wrapped?







You Might Also Like

5 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe