S'mores Bar 2013 - Vintage Picnic Style

9:38 PM


Another Fourth of July - another S'mores  bar.  I wanted to switch up the look this year so yesterday morning this is what I came up with.  I will call it Vintage-Picnic.


I visited Jo-Ann's on Wednesday and found the stars - thought they would be really fun for a new look.


The table is covered with a painter drop cloth.  Luckily you can't even tell that the other side is coated with paint from another project I finished painting up this past weekend.  Sharing that project soon.




I quickly made a flower out of nut cups, cupcake lines, and paper doilies.  Then I just draped ribbon across the table front.  The Detroit ribbon in blue worked for me as far as the 4th goes. 


The cookies and cream candy bars were a popular choice.


This frame is also from Jo-Ann's - the frame is galvanized and comes with 2 magnetic flowers to decorate it with.  


Skewers in a chalkboard vase - simple project made by me.


Sterno for the flame.  If you make a S'mores bar be sure to buy the 6 hour burn time Sterno.


Mirror is an estate sale find that I painted up.  I keep meaning to repaint it - I'm thinking something bright like kelly green or a fun yellow.  Yesterday I was glad it was still gray and cream because after I found the stars I thought it would be perfect to use behind the tub to reflect the flames.  I may just leave it gray and cream cause I really did like it.  We will see.


Hope everyone had a safe and happy Fourth.

At the end of our night we make a bonfire - relax - and do midnight grilling.  I was on the back deck and spotted a fire.  We called 911.  My one friend was saying that it looked like it was a mile away. I thought it was from the neighborhood just next to ours, and headed out to the court with all of the teen boys quickly following.  Sadly we ended the evening helplessly watching someones home burn.  I get chills just thinking about it.  The family got out safe with their dog - there were 7 firetrucks - it took a half hour from our call for the first water droplet to finally hit the house.  So very sad - please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.

Joined the party at:
Jen Rizzo - Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party
Shabby Art Boutique
My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia - Tuesday's Treasures

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe