Vanilla Sauce For Pancakes - Oh So Good!

9:48 AM


Oh my, was this sauce ever good!


Vanilla-Scented Sauce
1 cup ricotta cheese (I used part-skim)
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt

Mix all of the ingredients until smooth in a small mixing bowl.  For a really smooth sauce, blend in a blender or food processor.  Refrigerate until needed.  Thin with 1 tablespoon milk or cream if sauce is too thick.

I made normal box pancakes this past Sunday morning - my intention was to make the real deal, but I was unaware until the last minute that I didn't have enough flour.  My family loves chocolate chips in their pancakes so I poured the batter onto the griddle and then scattered semi-sweet chips on top. 

I had just made the vanilla sauce for the other pancake recipe I was going to try so I decided I would use it anyway.  I made a half batch of sauce which was enough for the four of us - I also used a food processor to make it smooth.  Blackberries and sliced strawberries were the final touch.  This was seriously so good I cannot wait to make it again.  I felt like I had just ordered something fantastic at one of my favorite breakfast spots!  

If you try it please let me know what you think! 

Recipe is from an old Baker's Companion magazine.  Spring 2007.  Everything I have made from it has been delicious.

You Might Also Like

9 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe