Great Room Tree Details & Ruffle Book Page Garland Tutorial

4:55 PM




Hello again!  This week has gotten away from me.  Just finishing up shopping and wrapping. 


I made some new garland for our tree this year, and have been meaning to post about it for some time now.  I thought I would try a video post, but I can see now that is just not going to happen at the moment.  Maybe in the future I'll come back to it and give it a try.

I was working on an idea for a tree topper, and this garland just happened.  As you can see I still don't have a topper.  Maybe next year!

To make the garland I used my largest dictionary and cut each sheet into strips.
I first made ruffles with just the book pages, but it was a little too plain.
I had some black seam binding, and using it down the center made all the difference.
Just center the seam binding on top of your book page.  Grab your sewing machine, and start sewing.  I just pushed on the paper and ribbon so it would scrunch up as it went through the machine.  As you reach the end of a paper strip overlap the next strip slightly so you just keep creating one continuous strip.  The ruffles are not perfect and uniform, and they look really nice despite their imperfection.


This tree is filled with sparkly little treasures,


and lots,


and lots,


of Santa ornaments that I have stitched up over the years.



There are a few paper ornaments on the tree as well.



With all of the Santa ornaments the tree really needs the shine and sparkle of the glass ornaments.


There are also ornaments that were on my tree growing up.
Santa and his sleigh is one of my favorite old ornaments as is that turtle.



I still have two more trees to share.
Hopefully they will be coming soon!
Thank you for stopping by!


src="http://cdn.jonesdesigncompany.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/pleated-project-link-party.jpg" alt="pleated projects link party" style="border:none;" />

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe