Meat Spaghetti Sauce Made With Half a Stick of Butter! Oh so-ooo good!

9:52 AM


This is a recipe originally found by my mom.  My sister told me it was fantastic, and sent me the recipe.

It is so good that my oldest - a boys who dislikes spaghetti - asked me if I could make the spaghetti again.  It was shocking that he was asking for spaghetti, and also surprising since it had only been a week since we last enjoyed it.


My very favorite way to enjoy this spaghetti is with the ground tenderloin that the butcher gives us.  He makes it from the trimmings when you buy a whole tenderloin - you get 2 pounds ground along with your tenderloin.  I'm going to have to ask if they ever have this to sell if one randomly "needs" some.

So, here is the recipe.  It is super simple and satisfying!

To make the sauce:

Melt 1/2 stick of butter in a large frying pan

Add 1 small diced onion and 1/2 tsp. minced garlic and saute until golden

Add 1 pound of ground round and brown

Add 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper

Add one 15 oz. can of tomato sauce 

Add one 6 oz. can of tomato paste 

Add one 6 oz. tomato paste can full of water

Add 1 tsp. sugar and 1/2 tsp. oregano

Simmer for about 2 hours (I haven't waited that long)

You Might Also Like

7 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe