A New Year - New Possibilities - Thankfulness

7:14 AM



 I am considering today as the official start to my new year.  The day to start accomplishing things.  A fresh start.

We really enjoyed Christmas, and really kept it very casual after.

I did take the boys to Kalahari after Christmas with 3 of their friends.  I had some really good laughs this holiday break.  The laugh until you cry kind of laughs that I love!  Some courtesy of their friends.  Can  you imagine pulling two hard solid wood dining room chairs together and using them as your bed for the night?  No pillow - no blanket.  When I woke up in the morning at Kalahari, and came out of my room the living room area was one of the funniest sights I have seen, and this is just how I found one of Noah's friends sleeping.  I was trying to take pictures, but the lighting was dim - anyhow the 3 in the living room ended up being awakened by my laugh.  I tried really hard to contain it, but it was kind of like being in a class where you shouldn't laugh so you are trying so hard not too.   Such a funny sight!  His friend told me that he and the floor had a bad history.  I forgot to ask him later what the history was.  This boy is so darn funny.  One of the funniest people I know.

I am also sure that we experienced divine intervention on the way home.  We were on the Ohio turnpike, and I had the feeling that I should take it slow.  No one was behind me so I really took my time.  When I reached the top of the turnpike it was like we were on a rollercoaster and heading up a hill - concrete on both sides - just a narrow lane to travel - and you couldn't see where you were headed.  I drive a Jeep which is higher, but I still could not see what was ahead.  I slowed even more, and just had a funny feeling.  Next thing to happen is that I have a car in the lane I am in heading straight for me.   A elderly man was driving and he was angry and yelling at me.  By this time I drove my Jeep to the left where there was a couple of feet of cement.  At this point I am thinking that I know it was very clear that I was supposed to head up the way I had.  There was no way I was going to get back in that lane at that moment, and cross over the bridge with no visibility so I turned the Jeep around on the concrete and started heading down the other side of the road.   Next thing we see is a mini van heading up the road the same way we had, and the old man heading straight for them.  When we got down to the bottom again the old man had stopped in a grassy median and was sitting there.  When he saw us he went in front of us, and went on his "merry" way.  We started back up the road as we first had - made it over the bridge - and then just wondered how that man got to our side of the road.  Really scary, and I am so very thankful that this is the story I have to tell.  Thank God.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy new year. I am looking forward to 2012, and it's unlimited amounts of possibilities. 

Hope you have an enjoyable day!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe