Toasted Pecan Chicken Enchilada's

5:27 PM



Hello again.  I've taken such a long break from this blog - but I'm going to be better with sharing the things that inspire me - things to make, home decor and design, sometimes fashion.  Really whatever sparks my interest.  Here is one of my favorite recipes.

We went to Mexico in February and when I got back I couldn't wait to eat some Mexican food.  Where we stayed they really didn't have any (insert sad face) - we did have a delicious authentic Mexican lunch the day we did some zip lining at .  Oh - did I ever enjoy every single bite!!!   The extreme canopy zip lining and walking across rickety swaying high bridges with a variety of foot patterns - not so much!  Heights are not my thing - the boys of my household know that but decided that I was doing it with them.  I made it through a few of the adventures and then bowed out for the majority of them.  Terrifying to me.  I can't even think about it.

Today I'm sharing my recipe for Toasted Pecan Chicken Enchilada's.  Not necessarily authentic type Mexican, but they are so delicious and unique.  You start by combining onion and pecans with butter and frying them until the onions are tender and the pecans are roasted a bit.  This is the start to a really great blend of unique flavors.  My family loves them - hope you will too!

Toasted Pecan Chicken Enchilada's

1/4 c. chopped pecans
1/4 c. chopped onion
1 T. butter

3 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 T. milk
1/4 t. ground cumin
2 c. chopped cooked chicken

6 - 8 inch flour tortillas (I usually use Azteca)

10 3/4 oz. can Campbell's Healthy Choice cream of chicken soup
8 oz. carton sour cream
1 c. milk

1 c. shredded sharp cheddar
2 T. chopped pecans

In a medium skillet cook the 1/4 c. pecans and onion in margarine until onion is tender and pecans are lightly toasted.  Remove from heat.

In a bowl combine softened cream cheese, 1 T. milk, and cumin.  Add nut mixture and chicken.  Stir together until well combined.

Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla near one edge; roll up.  Place filled tortillas seam side down in a greased 2-quart square baking dish.

In a bowl combine soup, sour cream, and 1 c. milk.  Pour the soup mixture evenly over the tortillas in the baking dish.  Cover with foil.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  Remove foil and sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheddar and remaining chopped pecans.  Bake for 4-5 more minutes more or until cheese has melted.

Makes 6 servings

c = cup
t = teaspoon
T = tablespoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe