What's For Dinner Tonight? Easy and Delicious Chicken Divan

9:14 AM




Chicken Divan - delicious, but not so easy to photograph!  Take my word for it - it tastes better than it looks.  

I made a batch last week and ended up taking it to my brothers and Ellen's house and having a nice dinner with their 4 kids while they were out.  They have done such a great job raising them - thoroughly enjoy spending time with them.   Their oldest retired this year from being a flyer on the cheer team and she is a fun loving foodie fashionista.  Next in line they have the sweetest smart and studious dancer - just full of kindness.  Then there is the boy of the family - sharp smartness and so darn quick and funny on the humor.  He and his youngest sister very insightful.  Together they are hilarious.  Then the youngest daughter - also in cheer - loves her friends - sweet - and looks so much like her oldest sister.   

Lastly, this is one of those dishes that everyone eats without complaint.  It's also not difficult to put together.


Chicken Divan

2 - 10 oz. packages frozen broccoli cuts (I use fresh broccoli crowns - and I'd say I use a bit more than this amount.  It cooks perfectly in the oven & the fresh tastes so much better.   I use more broccoli than chicken)

2-3 cups cooked chicken - boiled - shredded (I usually use the meat off of a $5 grocery store chicken, but either way is tasty)

Sauce:
2 cans Campbell's cream of chicken soup (Healthy Request works)
1 c. Hellman's mayo
1 t. lemon juice
1/2 t. curry powder (I heap it)
1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 c. toasted bread crumbs
1 T. melted butter (I skip this)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Using a 9 x 13 Pyrex glass dish make a layer of broccoli.
Make a layer of chicken.
Prepare sauce by mixing together all of the ingredients.
Pour sauce over broccoli and chicken.
Top with bread crumbs and melted butter.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
This dish can be made ahead of time and heated later.

It's really good served with your favorite salad, and I like jellied cranberries on the side - but thats just me!










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe