Simply Roasted - Pecans - Elevate the Everyday!!!

2:25 PM

 


On a recent night when I was at dinner at my brother and sister in laws house I noticed their ovens were full of sheets of pecans.  Curious, I asked about them.  Then I tasted them.  So delicious.  And its a simple thing I never thought of doing.  Buy pecans, place them in a large pot, cover them with water and a little extra because they will expand a little.  Pour in 1/4 cup salt.  Stir til salt is dissolved.  Cover the pan with a cloth.  Let them sit on the counter overnight.  In the morning simply drain them (do not rinse) and transfer between 2 cookie sheets.  Then roast at 170 degrees for 24 hours.  Yep, 24!  I stirred them here and there.  Seriously, so good.  Give it a try.  I think you will love them.  And when they are warm from the oven - amazing!!!  They will also make any recipe you use them in that much better!!!  I used a 32 oz. bag of pecans.  2 pounds.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe