BBQ Chicken White Cheddar Spinach Quesadillas

9:13 AM


 I've been making this quesadilla combination for many years now, but this last batch was the best I've ever made.  The only thing I switched up was the tortilla.  I usually use flour, but this new find that crisped up so well is made of ... cauliflower!  Who knew.

After looking Caulipower up online I noticed they have another version that is completely corn free.  I will try those next time because of a food allergy I have to corn.  I still eat it - like I have a hard time resisting the chip and salsa basket at the restaurant, but if I can avoid it I try.

In this recipe the cauliflower tortilla has a crispy crunch and all the flavors together are causing me a bit of a problem.  I got up around 5:30 in the morning the other day and it took all my willpower to stick to having my standard breakfast.  All I wanted to do was to make this quesadilla again.  Lunch couldn't arrive soon enough.

What you will need:

Caulipower tortillas or you can use your favorite tortilla.  They might not get crispy and brown like this, but the filling is still a really good quesadilla combination.  This is the package of tortillas I bought.

extra sharp white cheddar, shredded - I used Tillamook brand this time

rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken breast

BBQ sauce - I usually use Sweet Baby Ray's Original

green onion

baby spinach

I remove all the meat from the chicken and place it in a bowl in nice bite size pieces.  After that stir in the amount of BBQ sauce you desire on your chicken.  Then the layering can begin.

tortilla - white cheddar - chicken - green onion - spinach - another layer of white cheddar - and top with another tortilla.  Then place the assembled quesadilla in a pan over medium heat and let them cook up until you see that crispy browned deliciousness - be sure to cook both sides.  

Serve with a simple salad for a quick and mouthwatering meal.  The salad pictured is spinach, a little parmesan, blackberries and Hendrickson's dressing.  Such a good dressing.

I think I might make some more tonight!  The boat is going in the water so people will be over!  52 degrees out, but I'm still excited :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe