Bourbon Balls

1:06 PM


I talked about this recipe a bit in my stories yesterday.  We used to make these as kids - but we made Rum Balls.   My sister makes them using Bourbon and I really like them that way.  So make them using whichever liquor you like best.  And yes, our parents did not care that we ate them as kids.  You probably couldn't eat enough of them to find yourself drunk :)

This year I made them using Biscoff Cookies instead of Vanilla Wafers cause I had them in the cupboard.  Worked out perfectly.  

Here is the super simple recipe.

Bourbon or Rum Balls

1 cup finely ground pecans

1 cup finely ground Vanilla Wafers or Biscoff cookies

1 cup powdered sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa powder

2 tablespoons light corn syrup

1/4 cup bourbon or rum 


I use a little Kitchen Aid food processor to grind the cookies and pecans.

Mix the dry ingredients together and then add the corn syrup and bourbon and mix well.  Form into balls (wet hands can help a little) Roll balls into sugar.  Keep refrigerated.  Definitely not health food, but they are good!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe