My Tiny Christmas Porch

11:54 AM

(First thing - my blog is a mess and needs a re-do.  Please click continue reading to find pictures that aren't blurry.  I don't know what is going on here.)

I have a super small porch area that I do my best to keep decorated throughout the year.  I think this years Christmas display looks really pretty - the little trees delight in the darkness with glistening lights.  They flicker so faintly - I like them so much.  They are LED and battery operated - 8 modes - got them at Walmart but cannot find them online to share.  I hung some silver bells and gold painted and weathered white wooden circle big floral picks I had along with more plaid ribbon to the end of my railing.  Real cedar garland from Trader Joe's is also draped on the gate and railing.



I like the vintage look of the barrel planters.  The one nearest the gate I laid an old wreath I had flat on it - then put some additional pinecones and snowball lights in the middle.  In a perfect world the lights would light up at night and be a pretty mound of snowballs - but they don't work.  I bought a couple sets - they are supposed to be solar powered.  So, they are on the idea board I will share here just for their look - but mine don't work.   I probably could have filled it with those fake snowballs they make, but I do like that these look like ice.


The little deer were a new find this year.  So sweet and inexpensive.  The sign I purchased last year.

The trees in the other buckets were a steal at JC Penney last year.  I think they were $10 and $12 each.  Plaid ribbon was from JoAnn's a couple years ago.  I really tried to use what I had on hand this year.  


Since much of what I used was reused from previous years I made an inspiration board of things that are out there now that would give you a similar look.  My exact little deers and planters are here.  And the darn snowball lights :).  My wreath has pinecones on it and a red and white striped ribbon so this wreath reminded me of that.  I almost bought that wooden tree in the center of the picture about 3 times.  It lights up and is so nice.  Oh - and I forgot about the wooden stars.  I got those on Etsy last year.  For the STARS click here.  Hopefully my modest little porch inspires you to get creative with and appreciate what you have.  It doesn't have to be new to beautiful.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe