Creamy Homemade Hot Chocolate

12:16 PM





This hot chocolate is so comforting and creamy.  I don't enjoy an overwhelming amount of chocolate in my drink so it's a little bit of a fainter chocolate taste, but you can always add more if you choose.  That's how I came up with this recipe - just by testing and tweaking.  I've made it for some taste testers of mine and they loved it.  So here it is ...

I use a Breville Milk Cafe to make this recipe.  Use the Cappuccino Frothing disc in the bottom of your carafe. 

For one serving of hot chocolate use ...

1 cup milk - I only use Kalona organic whole cream top milk - supposedly this brand is as close as we can get in the grocery store to raw milk.  We don't have the freedom in Michigan to buy raw milk at the grocery store.  It's a process to get any.  

1/2 cup filtered water - This is my very favorite purchase of the last two years.  When you see what's in our water you'll want one too.  And water bottles - not good at all.  Microplastics galore, etc.  We are being poisoned by our food and water.  If you want to start to learn follow Food Babe.  Even when you see what the same food companies sell here vs. overseas you will really start to wonder.  And I am not perfect in what I eat - just trying to make better choices.  OK - enough of that!

1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla - I used Trader Joe's organic bourbon vanilla

1/8 cup Enjoy Life mini semi sweet chocolate chips - super clean chocolate chip brand

and just to take it to the next level - 

as much as you want of Toonie Moonie Organic Vanilla Marshmallow Cream - it's amazing and as clean as you can get as far as something like this goes.  It's so delicious!!!

Combine all the ingredients in the stainless steel carafe.  

I have mine set to 160 degrees.  I use the cappuccino frothing disc.

Note that if you use larger chocolate chips you might have to do the cycle twice to get them to melt.

And that's it!  Hopefully you enjoy your cup of goodness!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe