Sidetracked but Making Progress

9:00 AM

  
Doesn't it feel good to finish what you've started? 

I've been slower than molasses on completing this project.  I've primed, painted and distressed my frame and am very happy with how it turned out.  Hopefully this week I will finish making it into a chalkboard.  See the original frame here.

At least to start I think it will rest on the mantle. 

It is a happy accident that my "new" frame matches the other distressed frames in the room perfectly.

This picture has the best worn out really wide frame on it.  It has big holes and a really rough texture.  I think it makes the art itself more interesting.  One of the wooden buildings is the Little Stone Church on Mackinac Island. 

I like to use books for added height and for extra color.  The mercury glass holder in lavender is a little fun.  There is actually a sparkly green striped holder sitting next to it.  When I get my camera to operate again I will swap the picture to include it!

I also finished my handwarmers a couple of weeks ago.  Just in time for the warm weather!  I'm just happy to have them ready for next year.  Now I'm on to my next knitting project and this one may take awhile!

Have fun tying up your loose ends!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe