Get Ready for a Night of Marshmallows, Graham Crackers and Chocolate!

2:45 PM


Changes are happening in the backyard and I have to say I had nothing to do with the idea!

. 
What's up with all this dirt and digging?
  My husband has decided to put in a fire pit and I think it is going to be so-ooo much fun!  I am also very thankful I didn't have to pick ax through all that clay.  Would have taken me years.  As with most projects he ran into a big obstacle - sprinkler lines right where the pit will sit.  Those have been moved and work is underway.  This is what the yard looked like this morning.

The boys and I went to the 10 a.m. movie - saw Toy Story 3 - when we returned home this was waiting for us to see. 

 
I am amazed at how quickly he put this together.  Of course it was quick to me because I was having a Tim Horton's breakfast and then enjoying time with fun friends and a great movie.  By the way - the movie is terrific!!!

This is the gray colored fire pit - there is a choice of gray or tan.  I did make that choice.  Next we are going to choose stone for the retaining wall - I saw one I really liked but we have to check and see if it will work with the shape we want it to have.  Then we are picking up a different type of edging to finish things off.  The whole area will then be filled with pea stone.  I'll post more photo's as he progresses.  I just have the fun part of helping with material choices!

One more photo - we love our weathered fence!  Flowers look so pretty against it!  

Hope your day is a great one!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe