A Great Dear Lillie Project

12:21 PM

Did you happen to see the Burlap vase tutorial on Dear Lillie last week ... 


I ended up making a couple.
I was afraid I would make nothing but a mess, but they both turned out pretty well.
I couldn't find our Sharpie so I used a fabric marker that I had on hand.
I also found a font I liked, typed out the names I wanted to write, and then enlarged them on my computer screen.  I needed some kind of guide.
I then just sat in front of the computer and tried my best to replicate it!
I am too picky so when I look at the one I made for us I think - Oh, I should have made the J larger or simpler ...  I know I'll probably remake it because it will bug me.  Oh, why can't I just let it go?

On Saturday my friend Karen gave me this beautiful bunch of Annabelle Hydrangeas from her garden.  

They are so delicate and I love seeing them each time I'm in the kitchen! 
That's also the reason I became inspired to make a wrap with Josh and Noah's names.

Noah's name wraps around the back of the vase.
I am very happy with how nice his name came out!  Success!

This is the wrap I made for friends.  They have two adorable little girls, and since I am surrounded by boys I decided I had to use pink embroidery floss to secure it to the vase.

Thank you Jennifer for another adorable idea.  
To see her beautiful creations, and for her directions click here.

You Might Also Like

9 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe