A Simple Summer Dessert - Graeter's Ice Cream and Fresh Berries

10:02 AM


Lately, and probably too often I find myself cleaning berries and serving them over ice cream.

The berries have been so sweet.

The major culprit is this new ice cream I found a few weeks ago.  Creamy and rich and so full of flavor.  Our favorites are the vanilla and the chocolate chocolate chip!  Both so good topped with berries.  Oh - and the chocolate pieces in the chocolate chocolate chip just melt in your mouth!

Graeter's hand makes their ice cream two gallons at a time using a french pot process.  On their website this is how they describe the process:

Our secret recipe of fresh cream and egg custard is
gently swirled along the chilled sides of a slowly spinning
French Pot Freezer. As the creamy blend thickens, a
blade softly scrapes the sides of the pot, folding the ice
cream into itself. Then we add the fresh ingredients to
complete our unique flavors.

The gentle folding process prevents air from whipping
into our ice cream and accounts for the extremely dense
and creamy consistency. Where a typical pint of ice
cream can weigh as little as 8 ounces, a Graeter’s pint
weighs nearly a full pound! Graeter’s ice cream is so rich
and creamy that we have to pack every pint by hand.
 
Yum!  Beautiful and Delicious!
 
Noah is hanging on my chair because he wants to go biking with me, so off I go!  
I can't turn down an opportunity like that! 

Oh - and the berry bowl is from Home Goods - I found it in two sizes, and they have become my favorites.  If your out shopping grab one if you see them!  After I got one home I was bummed I didn't buy more for gifts.  It took me months to find the second one.
 
Hope you have a great Day!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe