Christmas Party Invites - Part 2 - Here They Are

7:07 AM


I think they did turn out merry and bright!

Time to get started.  I have had my Fiskars cutting board forever.  It's one of my best purchases.  Here is a photo of the owl punch.  I picked mine up at Michaels.  The envelopes I used are from Office Max - they are by Divoga and are 6.75" x 3.75".  I printed out my invite on card stock using my 1997 version of American greetings CreataCardGold.  It's simple and it works.  I printed 3 to a sheet.

I trimmed the rounded top off of the glassine envelopes using a deckled edge attachment.

I trimmed all my invites out using a straight edge.  That piece of book paper is just covering up my address.  I don't know about you but I really don't need any new stalkers in my life.  Been there - done that - and it's not fun!

  Slide the invite in the glassine envelope.  Note - the invite is longer than the envelope so it sticks out a bit.  This is the Fiskars deckled edge attachment.

Owls and sequins dried overnight.  I picked out sequins that I thought looked like the colors of anodized tin.  Needed to add some kind of vintage flair.

Tie one on.  
I knotted some of them in back and then just trimmed the ties.  Others I wrapped around and then to the front and trimmed the ties.  Works either way.
For the past few years we have been having an anonymous charity donation.  This year it is for Gleaner's Food Bank.

Oh - you can see the owls better here.  I punched them out using Bazill paper.  Just one more tip - when you go to mail any invite or card that might stick out a bit or be delicate take them to the post office and ask them to hand cancel the stamp.  It is no extra charge and then your invite won't have to go through the machinery and maybe get smushed or damaged.

Hope you like and that I described it well enough that you might try it yourself!

You Might Also Like

13 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe