Earl Grey Almond Milk Fudge Pops

4:16 PM

There is a little chocolate shop we visit while on vacation in Michigan & they sell such fun fudge pops.  One has the addition of a tea flavor to the chocolate so I finally attempted making some at home.  I'm super happy with the results, and already have plans to make another version with lighter chocolate and a different kind of tea.  So super good - and I admit I ate the entire batch myself over the last week.  I hope you try them - love them - and even mess around using your favorite flavor of tea :)
  

Earl Grey Almond Milk Fudge Pops

1/2 cup unsweetened organic Dutch process cocoa powder

1/2 cup organic sugar

1 tablespoon cornstarch

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 cups unsweetened almond milk - try Simply Almond brand - not a lot of junk added

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 Earl Gray tea bags - I used Taco

Combine the dry ingredients in a medium saucepan.  Whisk to combine. 

Heat the almond milk - I poured 1 cup of almond milk into 2 mugs.  Microwaved for 1 minute 30 seconds.  Place a teabag in each cup and let it steep for 10 minutes.  This will give the popsicles a lightly delicious Earl Gray flavor.

Now - back to the saucepan.  After the almond milk is flavored and cooled slowly whisk 1/2 cup into the dry ingredients.  When it is smooth add the rest and whisk again until smooth and well combined.

Simmer the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture coats the back of the spatula.  I use a rubber cooking spoon.  Consistency should be like chocolate sauce.  Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.  Place the last teabag in this mixture and leave it there until it cools - stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.  Once it's cooled squeeze liquids from the teabag and toss it out.  Give mixture one last really good stir and pour into your popsicle mold.

I love the subtle flavor of the tea with the chocolate.  Hope you will enjoy it too!  And below are some of the items I personally use to make my popsicles. 😊

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe