Moss Stitch Scarf

6:50 AM


This year at gift time I decided to do a little knitting.   
(guess that would really be last year now)

I made this moss stitch scarf for my Dad's wife Sherry & I really like the pattern and the color.

The grayish brown yarn is what I am using to make my Dad's.  The pattern I'm stitching for him is called the reverse cable.  It looks good on both sides.  I made Rob one in the same pattern and he really likes it!   I'm embarrassed to say that this is only how far I was when we got together with my Dad.  I thought I would see him a little after Christmas.  He of course was fine with it not being finished.  :)   

Here is how I made the moss stitch scarf:

I used 2 skeins of Patons Beehive Baby Chunky yarn
#10 needles

Cast on 22 stitches

Rows 1 and 2:  *k1, p1; repeat from *
Rows 3 and 4:  *p1, k1; repeat from *

Continue to knit in pattern until your scarf is the length you like.
You can also make yours narrower - just cast on any even number of stitches you like!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe