Our Kitchen - The Before

4:41 PM


I'm not sure if I have ever shared photo's of our whole kitchen.
  Since some changes are on the way why not show you now.

 
Don't get too excited!  It's twenty years old and is going to get just a little help!

The wood floors are on their way to finding themselves with a darker look. 

We are happily saying goodbye to the wall cabinet that was installed to be a center island.  I found something amazing that will be taking it's place.  At least I think it is amazing!  I got to see it again the other day when I stopped by the store with my paint color and it put such a smile on my face!   She ended up having to hide it in the store behind some other items because people kept wanting to buy it!  Such a lucky find!  Now with all that build up I sure hope it turns out good!  I'll show you that in it's before state soon!  I have to get the photo off of my iPhone.

The furniture and chandeliers are staying.  
I've only had one opportunity to look  for new wallpaper and found some really nice things, but they just weren't right for our space.  So, I still have to work on that.  I still really love this paper but it's worn and is probably time for a change.  I won't be rushing on that right now.

Another little corner.  This used to be covered with the same green damask wallpaper, but it was fraying at the edge so we removed it.  The plan was to paint it with chalkboard paint.  That still might happen - it just depends on how things come together.  I like to start with one thing and then build on it.  The chair also needs a new slipcover.  The cabinet is made of steel and I just like how it adds to the mix!

As always, thank you so much for stopping by and reading my blog!
I really appreciate all the kind words and friendships I have made along the way.

You Might Also Like

13 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe