Noah's College Space

9:50 AM



I know everyone is pretty much moved into college right now - but I wanted to share the items we picked out for Noah's room.  Everything would work just as well for a teen boys space.  This year Noah is living in a house with a bunch of his closest friends, and a few new friends.  He had a mattress on a frame as a starting point plus the Superbad poster he bought himself.

We decided to go with moody greens and blues - a chunky oatmeal colored blanket, and white sheets with a simple chambray blue stripe.  The first thing we decided on was the desk - and then worked from there.

All of the finishes on the furniture were mixed up for interest.  The Ikea dresser adds warmth, the painted desk ties in with the bedding, and the simple white nightstand is fresh.  Reds and oranges pop in the artwork.

In my world I would have added one of the chairs pictured, but we went totally practical and comfy with one of those black office chairs you find at Staples.  Comfort is key so I didn't really care.  I just want him to be happy.

It really helped to make this board for him - it was easy to show him the ideas I had - and for him to say what he  liked and didn't until we came up with the finished space.

I haven't even been to his house yet - no idea what the room even looks like - the bed may have never been fully made :) but at least he has all the practical items he needed.   There is probably a ukulele leaning on a wall somewhere in that space as well.  And lots of Hawaiian shirts.  Other than that this guy is a minimalist.  I'm sure that makes life easy.  Enough to think about with all those classes.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe