Old School - Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

9:39 AM


Very happily and many years later I finally have one of the recipes that I was absolutely crazy about when I was growing up.   Do you have fond memories of your elementary school hot lunches?  Many people probably don't.  I might be the exception.  There were 2 items on the monthly menu and if they were present I ordered a hot lunch for that day.   My favorites were the pizza burger and a peanut butter fudge with a thin layer of chocolate on top.  Well, thanks to my friend Jen I am now the proud owner of the recipe for that fudge and I shared a batch with my family just this week.  I put a piece in Josh's lunchbox yesterday and the first thing he mentioned when I picked him up from school was "Mom, the peanut butter chocolate dessert was so-ooo good!"  It was his first taste and I was happy he liked it so much.  Especially after all the times I have told my boys the story of these two lunch items.   The batch I made is already gone and even after all these years it was an absolute hit!



Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

1 c. melted butter
2 c. graham cracker crumbs
2 c. powdered sugar
1 cup and 4T. peanut butter, divided (I used JIF)
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet morsels)

Melt butter in a saucepan.  Remove from heat and add 1 cup of the peanut butter.  Stir together until combined.

In a mixing bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar.  Add the butter and peanut butter mixture and stir until well combined.

Press mixture evenly into the bottom of a ungreased 9 x 13 inch pan.

Melt together chocolate chips and 4T. peanut butter.  Spread chocolate mixture over prepared crust.  Refrigerate one hour before cutting.  Store bars in airtight container in refrigerator.

Easy!  No Bake!  Delicious!  

Note:  I made half a batch and used an 8 x 8 glass Pyrex dish. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe