So Happy To Spend Time With Friends & Recipe For Beef Tips And Noodles

11:27 PM




I just got to spend the evening with two of my favorite people, Mie and her son Ray.  Josh and Ray met in 6th grade, and he is another brother in this house.  Since they both started High School the boys schedules have been busy.  Ray has been playing Soccer for his school, but is on both the Freshman and the JV team.  Busy, busy!


We enjoyed hours of talking, and good old fashioned food at the dinner table.  The table looked simple, but nice so I took a couple photo's.  We dined on my Grandma's recipe for Beef Tips and Noodles, mixed greens and spinach salad with Traders Joe's Gorgonzola crackers thrown in as crutons and raspberry vinagrette dressing, plus straight up Cider Mill apple cider. 


For dessert we had lots of choices.  Mie brought this box of desserts from a Japanese bakery in Novi.  I will be having my Tiramisu tomorrow.  We also had a fresh peach pie that Noah and I bought this morning at the mill.


I am lucky to have met so many parents at Josh's last school that were just the nicest ever.  I think a bonfire with the class has to happen here soon.  I want to see how everyone is doing at high school - they each went to a different school, and just to catch up.  If you haven't had friend over for a simple dinner in awhile I have to say just make the call and do it.    It was so much fun, and good friends don't care if your house is a little messy - and mine is :)

Here is my grandma's recipe for Beef Tips and Noodles.  I've been eating this my whole life - the meat comes out so tender, it's simple to make, and Fall is the perfect time to enjoy it.  It's good stick to the ribs food.


Beef Tips and Noodles

3 pounds chuck roast, cubed
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 packet Lipton onion soup mix

Cut chuck roast into cubes.
Mix soup items together, and then mix with the cubed chuck roast.
Bake covered at 300 degrees for 3 hours 
(I bake this in my grandma's glass top covered casserole - pictured)

Serve over wide egg noodles.

Hope you try it, and enjoy it!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe